Enjoy the most advanced technology in ophthalmology near home- in Motril. In our clinic we can offer you a personalized attention, in English, with adapted explanations to your knowledge an level of requirement.
Dr. Ramos is an experienced ophthalmologist (eye-doctor) since 1996 and a skilled surgeon specialized in refractive surgery. The doctor is the medical director of Clinica Baviera Malaga and has his own private practice in Motril (Dr. Ramos’ curriculum)
Looking for an appointment?
If you can speak plane Spanish, please call 958.820038 or 608 853 119.
To contact by e-mail, please send an e-letter to email@example.com and we will contact you as soon as possible by mail (if you prefer we to call you back, please remember to include your phone number).
Also there is a mobile phone number for you to send a text (whatsapp or SMS): 608 853 119.
And you can visit us at calle Nueva 23 (first floor), Motril (please ask for opening days).
A successful procedure begins with a complete patient consultation. It does take more than 1 hour to its completion. To mesure the refractive error in your eyes and determine the best available treatment specifically for you, Dr. Ramos will examine and perform tests on your eyes such as:
- Refraction: to check the power of your eyes.
- Corneal topography: to map out the surface of your eyes.
- Corneal pachymetry: to know the thickness of the cornea.
- Intraocular pressure measuring.
- Anterior Pole examination: to rule out problems on the cornea, the lens or the anterior chamber.
- Posterior Pole examination: your eyes will be dilated by eyedrops to check the bottom of your eye (i.e. retina, macula and optic nerve).
- Biometry: to measure the lenght of the eye for calculating the power of the lens.
- Additional tests may be required depending on findings at consultation: macular OCT, Visual Field Test..
Remember to speak with us about your personal situation and considerations.
There is a wide range of correction possible:
- Shortsight up to -11 diopters.
- Longsight up to +5.00 diopters.
- Astigmatism up to 7 diopters
- Presbyopia (need for reading glasses) can be corrected using Monovision system.
Treating both eyes with LASIK surgery takes around 8 minutes.
LASIK involves creation of a very thin flap of the cornea. Ultrathin LASIK (SBK or sub-bowman keratomileusis) uses a precise automatic machine to create the flap with controlled precision and accuracy. This flap is folded back to expose the bed of the cornea, before the laser removes a precise, pre-set amount of corneal tissue. The flap is replaced, and is almost instantly held in place by the natural processes of the eye. In most cases, the flap will have effectively healed within a few hours.
Healing times for LASIK surgery are short: patients typically return to work and leisure activities within two or three days of their laser eye surgery. The improvement in vision is virtually instantaneous. And it is routine to treat both eyes with LASIK on the same day because it is a very safe procedure.
Some eye drops are prescribed and several check ups with Dr. Ramos are usually scheduled during three months after surgery.
Refractive lens surgery or RLE (refractive lens exchange) is a surgical procedure to replace the natural lens of the eye with an artificial one.
We appreciate any suggestion from you, so don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any question or feedback.